"Filipino Blogosphere & Political Participation"
March 5, 2011 (Sat) 3:00 PM
Don Merto’s Restaurant, 94 Juana Osmeña St., Cebu City
The forum will feature a paper by Mary Grace P. Mirandilla-Santos on the results
of her SIRCA*-funded study on Filipino political bloggers and readers: their profile,
motivation, political attitude, and modes of participation.
There will also be a discussion on related topics such as blogging and 2010
presidential election campaign, organizing a community of netizens, and political
blogging among Cebuanos.
The forum is open to the public so please spread the word! See you there!
For inquiries, please contact Ms. Agnes Jimenez at email@example.com.
*SIRCA - Strengthening ICTD Research Capacity in Asia.
- WHO READS POLITICAL BLOGS AND WHY?
- Is political blogging SELF-serving or serving OTHERS?
- How do FILIPINO bloggers ENGAGE in politics? Do they ENCOURAGE others to do so?
- HOW DO BLOG READERS PERCEIVE & PARTICIPATE in POLITICS?
- Do political blogs merely inform or influence public opinion?
- How are netizens ORGANIZED for a common cause or a campaign?
- How do CEBUanos blog about politics?
Read about Jardin Smith Careers